Lessons learnt in 2010
1. When an older boy with gleaming blue eyes starts to take your clothes off,
stop him. Rip his t-shirt and his pants off, and run with them between your
fingers. Leave each item at a spot where you two have made a memory. Teach
yourself to forget the directions to his bedroom window.
2. Kissing boys that you aren’t attracted to won’t make others like you. Kissing
girls that you aren’t attracted to will only make others like you for a moment.
3. Nothing good can come from falling in love with the boy who cheated on his
girlfriend with you.
4. When they message you in the middle of the night, do not reply. When they
message you in the middle of the night, don’t stumble to their beds. You will
regret it. I promise.
5. One day, you’ll realise that your best friend’s heart matches her charcoal-
black eyes when you discover that she’s been sleeping with your boyfriend. No
matter how much you love them both, don’t let them back into your life.
6. Alcohol is not the solution to forgetting the taste of his lips. His lips are not
the solution to forgetting the taste of alcohol.
7. Do not chase the boy that you’re too afraid to pursue. Don’t lead him on if
you’re just going to run away. He said that he’s too old for you for a reason; at
least he wasn’t the one who was too scared to try.
Indya Shaw is just shy off turning 18 and is from Melbourne, Australia. She has been writing for the better half of the nearly two decades she’s been living and hopes to publish a book of her work one day.
Allison Goldin is an artist living in California. Her work is a collection of spontaneous drawings from the imagination. The most common link throughout her art are the semi-recognizable creatures scattered amongst and bringing together the surrounding doodles.
Leave A Comment